Few issues pair as precariously as A.I. and the future of work.
Artificial intelligence or A.I. frightens people who fear that robots will take away their jobs and paychecks.
Truth be told, A.I. will soon replace millions of low-skill jobs, for it can manage many tasks faster and better than people.
But A.I. has no heart; only people can do jobs that require human touch and interaction.
To help us understand A.I. and the future of work, we turn to Prateek Joshi. The author of numerous books on Artificial Intelligence, Prateek is the Founder and CEO of Plutoshift, a company that uses A.I. to make the world a better place.
In this episode, Prateek:
- Describes Plutoshift and his role in the company. Starts at 3:03
- Defines A.I. and contrasts it with Machine Learning. Starts at 3:51
- Addresses workforce concerns that A.I. takes jobs away from people. Starts at 8:52
- Illustrates how Plutoshift helps clients involved with providing clean and potable water. Starts at 13:03
- Identifies the training and advanced skill that he seeks in hired talent. Starts at 20:25
- Tells us how, beyond his work, he adds fun and enjoyable activity to each day. Starts at 27:59
In regards to A.I. and the future of work, Prateek says:
“One of the biggest things that [we look for] is the ability to learn. [Are you] the type of person who has learned how to learn?”
About our guest:
Prateek Joshi earned a Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering from the National Institute of Technology Karnataka and a Masters of Science in Computer Vision from USC. He is the author of numerous books on Artificial Intelligence. Prateek lives and works in Palo Alto, California.
EPISODE DATE: April 23, 2021
Please Subscribe to The Dan Smolen Podcast on:
…or wherever you get your podcasts.
You may also click HERE to receive our podcast episodes by email.
Image credits: A.I., ipopba for iStock Photo; Portrait, Prateek Joshi portrait; Plutoshift, J. Brandt Studio for The Dan Smolen Experience.