When we achieve a career agility mindset, we benefit with boundless opportunities in the future of work.
A year out from the start of the 2020 pandemic lockdowns, one key driver has emerged for people in the workforce: a career agility mindset.
Agility is the-most important attribute of successful career professionals. People now must respond to new tasks, skill requirements, company directives, and market factors. And given that more of us work from anywhere, agility becomes a key success indicator for remote and hybrid workplaces.
Marti Konstant of Konstant Change is a globally recognized workplace futurist.
As one of the top experts in career agility, Marti helps people to succeed in fluid work environments.
In this episode, Marti:
- Describes Konstant Change and its unique value proposition for clients. Starts at 2:40
- Defines the agility mindset and provides reasons as to why it is important for career development. Starts at 3:37
- Offers perspective on why people who work are often resistant to change. Starts at 4:57
- Discusses why C-suites should embrace change in how work is performed. Starts at 10:14
- Provides insight on the agile workforce and the importance of project management skill. Starts at 12:51
- Considers changes in workforce composition, benefit portability, and worker safety nets. Starts at 26:29
- Provides perspective on people pivoting to smaller localities to work. Starts at 29:18
About our guest:
Marti Konstant is an author, consultant, and globally recognized workplace futurist. She earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design from the University of Illinois and an MBA in Marketing from the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business. Marti lives and works in Chicago.
EPISODE DATE: March 26, 2021
Please Subscribe to The Dan Smolen Podcast on:
…or wherever you get your podcasts.
You may also click HERE to receive our podcast episodes by email.
Image credits: Agile workplace, fizkes for iStock Photo; Marti Konstant screenshot, The Dan Smolen Experience; Podcast button, J. Brandt Studio for The Dan Smolen Experience.