Water expert Will Sarni explains why water matters.
“When I started my career, I worked for a gentleman, David Miller. The name of the company was Geraghty & Miller, and, he said ‘[If] you want a career in water, it will last forever, it will last a lifetime, because it is a public health issue.’”
-Will Sarni, Founder and CEO Water Foundry, LLC
Why water matters: our planet is covered mostly in water. And yet scarcity of clean, potable water remains the planet’s biggest problem.
Will Sarni has built an impressive career as a world-recognized expert on water. His mission is to help people, communities, companies, and organizations ensure access to clean water. In this episode, Will:
- Relives his early interest in water and the start of his career. Starts at 3:17
- Explains water scarcity. Starts at 6:26
- Describes the new technologies helping to mitigate global clean water shortages. Starts at 16:12
- Discusses the impact water careers will have on the future of work. Starts at 18:54
- Introduces his new podcast, The Stream. Starts at 20:23
About our guest:
Will Sarni is an internationally recognized thought leader on water strategy and innovation. He has authored numerous books and articles and presented on: the value of water; innovations in digital water technology; the circular economy, and; the energy-water-food nexus. In April 2020, with UK-based co-host Tom Freyberg, he launched The Stream Podcast. Will earned a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts in Earth & Environmental Sciences from Queens College in New York. He lives and works in Denver, Colorado.
EPISODE DATE: May 15, 2020
Image credits: Clean water, Jacob Wackenhausen for iStock Photo; Will Sarni portrait, Water Foundry, LLC.