About this episode:
“When I started my career, I worked for a gentleman, David Miller. The name of the company was Geraghty & Miller, and, he said ‘[If] you want a career in water, it will last forever, it will last a lifetime, because it is a public health issue.’”
-Will Sarni, Founder and CEO Water Foundry, LLC
Our planet is covered mostly in water. And yet scarcity of clean, potable water remains the planet’s biggest problem.
Will Sarni has built an impressive career as a world-recognized expert on water. His mission is to help people, communities, companies, and organizations ensure access to clean water. In this episode, Will:
- Relives his early interest in water and the start of his career. Starts at 3:17
- Explains water scarcity. Starts at 6:26
- Describes the new technologies helping to mitigate global clean water shortages. Starts at 16:12
- Discusses the impact water careers will have on the future of work. Starts at 18:54
- Introduces his new podcast, The Stream. Starts at 20:23
About our guest:
Will Sarni is an internationally recognized thought leader on water strategy and innovation. He has authored numerous books and articles and presented on: the value of water; innovations in digital water technology; the circular economy, and; the energy-water-food nexus. In April 2020, with UK-based co-host Tom Freyberg, he launched The Stream Podcast. Will earned a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts in Earth & Environmental Sciences from Queens College in New York. He lives and works in Denver, Colorado.
EPISODE DATE: May 15, 2020
Image credits: Clean water, Jacob Wackenhausen for iStock Photo; Will Sarni portrait, Water Foundry, LLC.