About this episode:
I told my [high school] advisor that I was thinking of going into medicine. Well, he kind of paused as he said: ‘Look, medicine is a really tough field. Maybe you ought to think of something different?’ And when he said that, that made me decide—no matter what—I WAS GOING TO DO IT.”
– Charles Glassman, MD
With grit and determination, Charles Glassman, MD has achieved success as a gifted physician, published author, and globally recognized thought-leader in the study of wellness.
In a portion of this episode, originally streamed on The Tightrope in September 2019, Dr. Glassman:
- Takes us back to high school and the experience he had with that skeptical guidance counselor [starts at 5:12]
- Describes his nerve-racking decision to ditch the traditional fee-for-service patient care arrangement [starts at 10:16]
- Provides insight on what truly makes people sick [starts at 20:26]
- Discusses the importance of meaningfulness and the pursuit of meaningful work [starts at 28:16]
- Reveals his exciting new work chapter [starts at 40:43]
About our guest: From the time of his youth, Charles Glassman discovered that close friends sought and appreciated his advice. As a board-certified internal medicine doctor, and now as a well-recognized author and thought-leader, he finds his greatest purpose in empowering thousands of people around the globe to seek better health outcomes and more meaningful lives.
On November 22, 2019, he retired from his concierge medical practice to pursue new and exciting career opportunities.
Charles Glassman received a Bachelor of Science degree from Hobart and William Smith Colleges and his M.D. from New York Medical College.
EPISODE DATE: November 29, 2019
Dr. Glassman’s books include:
Dr. Glassman’s social media:
Photo credits: Stethoscope, iStock Photo; Portrait, Charles Glassman, MD