According Pew Research’s groundbreaking January 2017 report, the American Dream that we all knew as Upward Mobility is long gone; it was replaced by a soberer pursuit of economic stability. As a result, we now fill our homes and storage bins with less stuff. Instead, more of us, and especially Millennials, pursue profound meaning and experience.
There are few industries where that shift to experience is more evident than in the travel and leisure space.
About our guest: Eva Grodberg is a lifelong lover of international travel and an entrepreneur who delivers epic vacation travel and leisure experiences to her discriminating clients.
In these key interview segments, Grodberg:
- Relates how we may make the most of a life with less stuff and more experience [start point at 3:08]
- Lays out what it is like being an entrepreneur [start point at 5:19]
- Describes how the dynamic aspect of the pursuit of experience gets factored in to the work that she does [start point at 12:10]
- Speaks to how “adrenaline junkies” escape the rush of work when on vacation [start point at 14:10]
- Dreams of an epic experience she would like to have [start point 15:32]
About our guest: Eva Grodberg experienced unrivaled success as a senior sales executive in the advertising industry, but after a sudden downsizing from her company, she reinvented herself doing work that she truly loves: providing epic travel and leisure experiences to discriminating world travelers.
Grodberg is the Founder and President of Epic Experiences, LLC. Our conversation covers her amazing journey from successful media sales executive, to corporate escapee, to blissful entrepreneur doing the meaningful work of her dreams that benefits grateful clients.
Grodberg is a graduate of the Roy H. Park School of Communications at Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York. She lives and works in New York City.
EPISODE DATE: May 11, 2018
Eva Grodberg’s social media:
Photo credits: Dad and child at Sunset, iStock Photo; Eva Grodberg portrait, Karl Grobl.